Re: Sneak Peek at Cohousing Website
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:14:55 -0800 (PST)
At 08:48 PM 1/28/2008, Lynn Nadeau wrote:
The whole site is visually difficult to read, for me. (And I have good
eyesight.) White print on dark backgrounds, or even on not-very-dark
backgrounds, small print, even some of the dark print not really dark, but
medium blue. Even the "black" looks somewhat pale, whether in color or
because of the font. Orange and green and blue and gray may make a fashion
statement, but legibility is really important: if it's challenging to "see",
even unconsciously, it affects the reader in a negative way. We want our
readers to be happy and want to read more!

Craig,

The site looks attractive, but I agree with Lynn: readability is critically important, especially since so much of the site is of necessity text-based. Please do not sacrifice readability for style! White text on a colored background will usually cause me to exit a website very quickly.

Muriel at Shadowlake Village