Re: How to soundproof ... floors/ceilings
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 06:48:21 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 28, 2008, at 3:43 PM, Sharon Villines wrote:

There is a treatment designed for music studios -- Studio in a Box, about $600. Not beautiful but I would tell her about it.

http://www.silentsource.com/diffusors-rpg-siab.html

One idea is to offer to split the cost since it is of value to both parties to the wall.

I inquired of Silent Source if foams can be painted since this package comes only in black and charcoal gray. They said it can be painted with acoustical paint and it is best if the paint is sprayed on.

I assume it would also be of value to parties above and below because it stops echoes and reverberations.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC