Re: How to soundproof ... floors/ceilings
From: Michael Black (mblackmblackarchitect.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:46:09 -0800 (PST)
A clarification: The acoustical sealant is between the floor sheathing and
the bottom edge of the drywall.

On existing construction one would have to cut and remove the bottom 3/16"±
of the drywall to install the sealant. I would talk to a acoustical
engineer/consultant before attempting this.

Michael Black Community Planner/Architect