Re: Large animal policies
From: Rob Sandelin (floriferousmsn.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:43:23 -0800 (PST)
A stand aside is allowed to honor a strongly held personal belief system. In
any of the cases you mention, in order for it to be a stand aside there
would have to be an understanding of what the belief system is.  I have a
hard time coming up with an example of where a work party would violate a
strongly held belief system, although I could see where some part of the
work party, such as cutting down a native tree, might work out. I am not
sure I can figure out a case where a belief system is going to stop me from
paying into the repair of something, but again, even so, if it is a
legitimate belief system, and as a group you choose to honor it,  then the
group simply redivides the cost without that person.  There may be
situations where the group chooses NOT to honor a belief system and you move
ahead anyway with that persons reluctant participation.  Its up to the group
to decide this.

Rob