Re: Commonhouse Meals follow up
From: Oliveau (Oliveauaol.com)
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:45:15 -0800 (PST)
Hey all,
    At Catoctin Creek Village (outside of Wash D.C), we  have cooks pay for
the meal:  less hassle, no accounting.  Also, since  the number of people
showing up is pretty stable, we don't bother to have people  sign up.
Generally we
have some leftovers which people take home.  If  the meal is very popular,
people go back for seconds and there are no  leftovers.
  Generally, we find that cooks take pride in their meals, so  quality is not
a problem.  My experience is that it's much more expensive  to serve
pre-prepared meals.  If you're cooking the meal, it's tough to  spend a lot at
the
supermarket.
  Of course, our community is small, and we're still building.   This system
may not scale up well to larger groups.

-Kevin

In a message dated 2/1/2008 9:25:56 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,