Berkeley Cohousing cottage for rent
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 13:52:24 -0800 (PST)
Greetings, Coho-L'ers. I'm happy to share with you a unique
opportunity: a rental available at Berkeley Cohousing. I'm posting
this on behalf of my neighbor Lisa. We'd love for someone interested
in community participation to join us. We don't maintain a waiting
list because openings are so rare, so you get to be among the first to
hear about it; please share with others potentially interested!
--Raines
---

Berkeley Cohousing cottage available for rent

4 blocks from North Berkeley BART
Bus lines on Sacramento St
8 blocks from Downtown Berkeley
2 1/2 blocks from Homemade Cafe, Andronico's, restaurants

Sweet wood-shingled cottage surrounded by gardens
1 bedroom/1bath plus spacious loft
Open ceiling in living room
Recently painted throughout
Deck in back garden from French doors in sunny kitchen
Lots of windows and light
2 phone lines available
DSL compatible, possible share of wireless with other community members
Shared use of common house for special events

Environmentally-minded community
Infants to Elders, singles, couples, families
Join your neighbors for up to 3 meals in Common House per week
Monthly general and committee meetings
Community-wide chores/work days/ cooking and cleaning of common meals
Community barbeques/fun times
Park-like setting, homes surrounding large lawn, mature trees

Looking for people who are committed to community living, caring for
their home and surroundings, participating in community happenings,
willing to learn and grow through the experience of living in
cohousing

$1775 per month, water and trash/recycling included
1st, last, security deposit
$25 credit check, references required

Updates, open house/showing announcements and contact info available
on the East Bay Cohousing website:
http://www.ebcoho.org/

(click on "About", then "Berkeley Cohousing", then "rental")

http://intentionalcomm.meetup.com/1/pages/Berkeley/
---
Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach
Planning for Sustainable Communities (at Berkeley Cohousing)
Coming to you from Portland, Oregon, where I'm visiting Cascadian
EcoVillage and passing by the DayBreak Cohousing site after checking
out the recently-moved-in CoHo EcoVillage (Corvallis, OR) and Bear
Grass Valley (Ashland, Oregon) and having some delightful
conversations about community and sustainability and advising on
marketing.