Re: Commonhouse Meals follow up
From: Richard L Kohlhaas (rlkohlearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:44:36 -0800 (PST)

> How often do you have meals?  twice per week
>
> Are any potluck?  If so are they spontaneous or planned potlucks?  None; we
> sometimes
 have  planned potlucks on holidays

> Approximately how many cooks to how many diners? 1 cook, 1 asst cook, 3
> cleanup.
       usually 35-45 diners

> How long before a meal do diners need to sign up?  2-3 days
>
> What are the costs to diners: Adults/youth?  Zero.  Head cook buys all the
> food (except
    for some staples) and then eats free the rest of the cycle.  Guests
  pay $5 cash, of which $3 goes to the cook and $2 goes to the fund for
buying staples-- also funded from community dues of $10/adult/month,
which also covers committee expenses, child care, etc.

> How is available money to cooks decided/ie, how much can a cook spend
> on a meal?  It's up to the cook
>
> How are cooks re-imbursed?     See above
>
> How do diners pay:  cash?  Scrip?  Other system?  See above
>
> Leftovers?  Cook can take home and/or offer to other diners.

Dick Kohlhaas <rlkohl [at] earthlink.net>
(719)633-8170
Colorado Springs (Colorado) Cohousing Community (Casa Verde Commons)
Completed March 2003. 34 units on 4 acres 1.5 mi from downtown. We have
few resales available.   Visit us at http://www.casaverde.us)