Re: when all our men are dead and gone
From: Tom Hammer (thammer302yahoo.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:35:08 -0800 (PST)
This post sounds like male-bashing to me, in spite of the smiley face, and I don't think it's appropriate for this list.

How would it feel if the genders were reversed, or it were an ethnicity or race instead of men whose lack were being celebrated? As a male who does everything I possibly can to support women, I get very tired of all the male bashing jokes or references to males as "testosterone driven", etc. We men are naturally sensitive, caring, loving, committed to the environment, intelligent, and nurturing. Those of us who are not have been taught by our culture to be otherwise.

Personally, I want a cohousing community with diversity, and a lack of men or women would start me on a path of recruiting more of that gender.

Tom Hammer
Concord Ecovillage
Chester County, PA

If you want peace, work for justice.