Re: when all our men are dead and gone
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:10:14 -0800 (PST)
Re/ Tom Hammer's post below:
You've got to remember Tom, this thread was started by someone on the list talking about the "problem with too many old women" in some communities. This was an totally outrageous, insensitive, sexist, ageist remark that probably (I'm being generous here) was not intended as such. However it was insensitive, sexist, ageist and it's clear that the "when all our men are dead and gone" thread was started as a light hearted and gentle rebuke of the attitude that was demonstrated by the original insensitive remark. I can't fault the women for reacting, and to do it in a gentle humorous way was I believe a restrained and measured response. However, let's say we've all learned something, drop the subject and move onward (and upward).
James