Re: Monday Night Co-housing Conf Call
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 10:58:21 -0800 (PST)
Ananda wrote:
> Lets pick up the energy  and support this resource!  Its a great way to
> communicate, but we're not having many show up.

I appreciate any and all efforts to network and create connections among
cohousers. I can only offer my OWN reasons for not participating in these
phone calls - perhaps others have similar reasons. Or maybe different
ones.

1. Time management: One of the things I love about the listserv is that I
can access it anytime, anywhere. As a parent, teacher, consultant, etc.
scheduling my days is an ongoing issue - so many of my time slots are
spoken for that I am often reluctant to commit another time slot.

2. Phone phobia: Yes, this big loud-mouthed extrovert is somewhat
phone-phobic. I do as much communication as I can either face-to-face or
electronically.  Plus, a big chunk of my consulting work is done as phone
conferencing, so I'm often reluctant to get back on the phone again.

3. Lack of clear purpose/agenda: This is actually the biggest one for me.
"Hey, let's have a phone call about cohousing!"  This is just too general
for me to be attracted to it. I live, eat, breath cohousing. I talk and
think about cohousing all day long. I skim these posts and can focus on
the issues or topics that I find interesting, relevant to my current phase
of cohousing life, or about which I may have some expertise to contribute.
 I ignore others. I MIGHT go onto a call that focused on a specific topic,
if I had a related question or answers...or one that was geared toward a
particular audience: those just beginning to explore vs. communities in
development vs. those of us already living in cohousing vs. cohousing
professionals.

I hope this is helpful.

--
Eris Weaver