Re: Co-housing conference call - adjustment
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:13:14 -0800 (PST)
I'm also hearing this here in Seattle now... where we are just now hearing
about dropping prices - I guess we're not immune after all.

The other day, I received a call from a developer that wanted to know if I
knew of a Cohousing Group that might be interested in buying into (or buying
outright) his development project. Its about 24 homes in Newcastle, WA - all
entitled. This city is just south of Bellevue, on the East Side of the
greater Seattle metropolitan area, so even close-in to the high tech jobs at
Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, etc.

He wanted to know about how best to offer this out to the world. Big
surprise - I suggested he take out a Classified Ad in the Cohousing
Marketplace:

http://www.cohousing.org/mkt/marketplace

In particular, I showed him the Land Seeking New Group section. He hasn't
taken out an ad (yet), but it may be there in the next week or so.

This type of entitled opportunity is going to be popping up all over for
groups that are smart. I think Joelyn Malone is really excited about the
opportunity for these in her market (St. Paul) and the Farmer Market Flats
represents one example:

http://www.cohousing.org/node/739

Craig

--