Re: Free-Riders & Cohousing
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 07:32:07 -0700 (PDT)
Rob Sandelin wrote regarding community participation:

> I only judge myself for
> my own participation and I don't worry about what other people do

Unless there were major abuses, I agree an honor system would be my
preference also.  I would point out that cohousing is a long term
phenomenon for many (most?) people. People's time commitments vary over
the long run (and short).  In some periods of their lives people may find
job or family obligations competing with time available for community
activities while at other periods in life they have time available. A
gardener comes to mind who enjoys putting long enjoyable hours in for the
community.  This does not mean that the community can't have some
expectations and even peer pressure to encourage folks to do what they
can.

Fred whose latest blog entry (with pix) is about MN's fickle weather

Communications for Justice -- Free, superior listserv's w/o ads:
http://justcomm.org      My Link Pg: http://fholson.cohousing.org
612-588-9532 (7am-10pm CST/CDT)   Email: fholson at cohousing.org