Footpath Durham (NC) cohousing defunct
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 07:41:25 -0700 (PDT)
Sweet Ana M <Ana.M.Sweet [at] irs.gov>

Note: Ana does not subscribe to cohousing-L; I have added supplemental
info in angle bracketts.  Fred

I am sorry to say this development has folded.  Please see their website
< http://www.footpath.us/ >
for the explanation and various reasons.  I am so sorry to see such a
wonderful idea fail and not for lack of interest and passion.

I  just wanted to have it posted to let people know.

Ana M. Sweet

<Fred's summary of reasons for folding extarcted from http://www.footpath.us/

1) Fast pace of development complicated finances.

2) Durham enacted requirements that every new house built in Durham County
must have a forty feet wide asphalt road in front of it.

3) The property owner changed the terms for purchase of the house
unfavorably (needed money sooner).

These 3 things together doomed the project. >