Re: interdependency
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 09:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

On 12-May-08, at 10:25 AM, Matthew Whiting wrote:
There are very few physical design things that can be done that I am aware
of that can help.

I agree Mathew that physical design will not affect progress of the Alzheimer disease and that personal care is of primary importance. However, much has been done re/the physical environment to help those with the disease. As an architect I conducted a study and prototype design for the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba ,resulting in a booklet titled 'Alternative Housing for Manitobans with Alzheimer Disease' , and the Alzheimer Society of Manitoba has also produced another booklet titled 'Environments for People with Alzheimer Disease: Issues,Case Studies and Design Guidelines'.
They can be reached at www.alzheimer.mb.ca/

All the best,
James