Re: Truly affordable cohousing
From: balaji (balajiouraynet.com)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 15:35:57 -0700 (PDT)
Marganne,

The UTAH VALLEY COMMONS has been in formation for less than a year, and at
present we have 5-6 households who have expressed strong interest.  Our
basic goals are described on the web page (www.utahvalleycommons.com) and
remain pretty well established.  We see it as a cohousing ecovillage not
unlike others, such as Ecovillage Ithaca and Earthsong (in New Zealand.)
The only significant difference is that demographically we reflect the
larger community that surrounds us in Utah:  we are mostly Mormons.  But
we have been extremely careful to define ourselves as a diverse group,
open to everyone, and with no official political or religious orientation.
We are still debating issues of cost and location.  Our hope is to recruit
more members this year, and then purchase land and start development the
following.  That is ambitious, we know, but we are a society of optimists!

Best wishes,

Charles Nuckolls
Utah Valley Commons
www.utahvalleycommons.com