Re: $19K elevator
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 22:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
Chair lifts are good, economical and work well but with 2 qualifications 1) If a person is in a wheelchair, they must have one at the top and one at the bottom -unless it is a larger 'platform lift' (about 3'6" square) that is an open platform that rides up and down the stairs and can take a wheelchair. 2) The code in my area (Manitoba) recently changed to state that there must be enough available width left on the stair (+/- min. 3') when the chair is being used (on the assumption that it would stop functioning in a fire and the stairs still must maintain the correct exit width. -so check local codes.
James