Re: Low cost housing
From: Tim Mensch (tim-coho-lbitgems.com)
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 14:54:15 -0700 (PDT)
John Faust wrote:
I'm not suggesting it is easy but maybe
cohousers need to think about a Cohousing Bank of the US. Maybe we need to
sharpen our cohousing models so that such a bank and its borrowers have a
clear understanding or what a cohousing community is and why it is a good
investment.
You sound like you're describing the raison d'être for some credit unions: To lend to community members in support of projects that help build the community. It might be valuable to talk to managers of local credit unions about your projects and determine whether you can find anyone who can think outside the traditional "single family home" box.

Tim

--
Tim Mensch

Currently at Wild Sage (Boulder, CO): http://www.wildsagecohousing.org

Founding member of Tumblerock, a Boulder, CO area community in its forming
stages: http://tumblerock.org