Re: Financial innovation
From: John Faust (wjfaustgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
There is an interesting discussion of the Mormon leader's Kirtland bank
fiasco and narrow escape from justice
here<http://books.google.com/books?id=UgAUAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA419&lpg=PA419&dq=Kirtland+Savings+Association+&source=web&ots=LL9afAHQ6H&sig=Esqha-wQBkZjLlWPdQ2YjPHKmoU&hl=en#PPA419,M1>.
That particular example might be a good counterexample for establishing a
cohousing bank. Banks probably shouldn't be run by prophets. :^)