Re: Sympathetic lenders
From: John Faust (wjfaustgmail.com)
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:15:58 -0700 (PDT)
Jessie,

Thanks for the information. I will pursue it to see what I can learn about
financing of low income or mixed income communities. I suspect the
opportunities are regionally uneven. A search on the Cohousing.org website
produced some good
articles<http://www.cohousing.org/cm/article/affordable_1>on
affordability from the magazine. The fundamental approach seems to
focus
on finding programmed money rather than pooling resources.

*Investment  v. Community*

"Money is just a symbolic way of expressing value of a thing or a process in
a way that allows us to make comparisons and decisions." Maybe I am
misinterpreting. Are you saying that all things we humans value have a
monetary equivalent or measure? If so, I am at a loss. The things I value
most, my identity, my peace of mind, my grasp of the world, my state of
retirement, the quality of my friendships, would be very difficult for me to
measure in that one dimension. Actually, how I spend my time is probably a
better reflection of what things hold value for me.

"We all value cohousing highly, so it should cost more, right?" Just in
terms of my time--the thing I value most.

John Faust