Re: Low cost housing
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 16:54:18 -0700 (PDT)

On May 18, 2008, at 3:56 PM, John Faust wrote:

My instinct is simply that low income housing will always be a
problem and that most conventional institutions would like to avoid it.

I think banks are concerned about one thing: Resale value because most people never pay off their mortgages -- they move first.

Drops in home prices are temporary, but buildings that are falling apart or are just too strange for anyone else to want, are impossible to sell. The bank loses all their money when people just walk away.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing,Washington DC