Re: How much living space to you need?
From: Matthew Whiting (mewhitinggmail.com)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 15:27:23 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks Charles!  I don't think I'll be giving up TP though :)  If you are
going the composting toilet route, TP adds needed carbon to the "mix" so
it's not completely wasteful.  It's possible those lifestyle changes are
best made all at once, but I'd still prefer to move a little slower. :)

On Christopher Alexander's "A Pattern Language" and "The Timeless Way of
Building" - These are books I would recommend to everyone interested at all
in design.  I've only been able to sit down for about 2 hours with them but
I felt truely inspired.  There are few secular books that I've run across
that tackle issue like "sacred spaces" in a way that a main-stream religous
person can relate to, Christopher (and the other authors) handled it
beautifully.

-Matt Whiting
Utah Valley Commons