Re: Variations on low cost housing
From: Ann Zabaldo (ann.zabaldogmail.com)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 11:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all!

I've been following the various threads on affordability and I'm
fascinated by the questions and suggestions.

So I have a suggestion!

This is a conversation that needs a very wide airing and some
intensive "debate."

I STRONGLY ... nay, URGENTLY ... suggest you attend the upcoming
cohousing conference in Waltham MA June 12-15.  There are at least
FOUR workshops dealing w/ affordability including one by Brad Gunkel
on "Affordable Rental Cohousing."  (Hi Brad!)

And then there are FIVE workshops dealing w/ "Green &  Sustainable"
design which can result in lower maintenance costs and energy bills.

Check out the conference offerings on    www.cohousing.org

Come to the conference!

Ann Z.

--