Re: Calif attorney recommendation?
From: Carol Agate (carolagatemac.com)
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 17:47:11 -0700 (PDT)
Sharon-

They are non-profits, but because they are for the benefit of the owners they are not the same as non-profits for the public good. (Even though that might be arguable in the case of cohousing :-))

I haven't looked into the bylaws yet. My first priority is to take care of the incorporation. A local community college has free legal consultations for non-profits, and I have an appointment next week. I hope to get some guidance from their lawyer.

Carol