|Re: Variations on low cost housing||<– Date –> <– Thread –>|
|From: John Beutler (jabeutlercomcast.net)|
|Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:20:36 -0700 (PDT)|
Most of the rentals in our community (Liberty Village, Maryland) are units carved out of the pre-existing larger unit. So we have a couple of basement units and a second-floor rental unit that were unfinished space when originally built. One other one is split vertically which is certainly different - it's actually for rent right now.
Cheers JAB At 01:49 PM 5/23/2008 -0700, you wrote:
At 9:57 AM -0600 5/22/08, Tim Mensch wrote: >There's also the logistical challenge of getting a community to agree to >put up the money to buy the place, which to me seems very unlikely to >happen unless the buyer is truly and obviously a bad fit--obvious enough >to achieve consensus among the folks that will end up having to pay to >buy the house. If there's a rental or two or more in a typical (whatever that is) cohousing project, are they usually owned by the community or are they extra units a member had built in anticipation of renting? Or something else. If it is the latter, isn't this another example of getting a renter who isn't necessarily tied to the mission and goals of the community? If owned by the community, how to fair housing laws affect the selection of someone to rent a unit? For that matter, what if a member of the community decides to move out and turn her/his unit into a rental? Cheers! Marganne _________________________________________________________________ Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at: http://www.cohousing.org/cohousing-L/
John Beutler Liberty Village, MD jabeutler [at] comcast.nethttp://www.libertyvillage.com/
- Re: Variations on low cost housing, (continued)
- Re: Variations on low cost housing melanie griffin, May 21 2008
- Re: Variations on low cost housing Sharon Villines, May 22 2008
- Re: Variations on low cost housing Tim Mensch, May 22 2008
- Re: Variations on low cost housing Marganne, May 23 2008
- Re: Variations on low cost housing John Beutler, May 23 2008
- Re: Variations on low cost housing Ana Sweet, May 23 2008
- Re: Variations on low cost housing Robert Heinich, May 28 2008
Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.