Re: Variations on low cost housing
From: Ana Sweet (sweetana3yahoo.com)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 15:45:05 -0700 (PDT)
Brian mentioned capsule units and such and then brought up the story of the
woman living in her car "with her two golden retrievers".  I do not believe
that the story discussed the issue of pets and the burden it places on finding
housing of any kind.  Two large dogs would prevent her from renting almost any
subsidized housing in my city and most of the apartment complexes.  It is a
pretty unusual unit that allows pets, especially multiple pets of size.

Extremely small units (capsules) even more so would probably restrict pets of
almost any kind due to noise, potential smells, potential for fleas, etc.
There are a great many people who would choose their car over their pets who
have the money to secure housing for themselves (and a great number who dispose
of their pets).

We recognize that our 5 cats means we have to be homeowners and I would not
choose any housing type that had restrictions on our pets.  However, I
understand the housing issues they cause.

Ana potential cohousing member