Re: Workshop on Reserve Studies
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:18:24 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 9:51 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
sharonvillines.com>
wrote:

> To subscribe, send a blank message to:
>
> ReserveStudies-subscribe [at] YanooGroups.com

We'll miss you at the conference, Sharon! I was just this morning looking at
your session in the conference program, and thinking, "Darn, I bet I'm
speaking opposite that." With so many simultaneous sessions in so few time
slots, all us conference-goers are going to need to compare/swap notes and
otherwise help each other get the most out of it (and also invite our
friends and extra members from groups to join us so we have extra eyes, ears
and brains available to cover it all.
When we're not speaking or otherwise off networking, eating, or sleeping,
Betsy and I will be available at the Cohousing Coaches booth (our business,
Planning for Sustainable Communities, is a Gold Sponsor of the conference),
and can talk about our experiences with reserve studies with a couple of
different Northern California cohousing neighborhoods.

For California groups, we'll be doing a table at the Executive Council of
Homeowner Associations (ECHO) conference June 21 in Santa Clara, CA... it's
a daylong workshop specifically for condo boardmembers, and well worth the
trip for the intensive education it provides in terms of board duties and
responsibilities... and how California "Common Interest Development" (CID)
law may have superseded some of your group's CC&R's and bylaws, and what you
can do about it. I'll post a proper announcement/invitation separately.

Oh, BTW, there was a typo in your link. People can join the Reserve Studies
YahooGroup Sharon set up by emailing:
ReserveStudies-subscribe [at] yahoogroups.com

or just log in with your Yahoo account by clicking this link:

I believe there will be additional opportunities to continue the
conversation about the topic in cohousing in particular with the new Members
Area of the Coho/US website that will be rolled out at the national
cohousing conference.

Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach http://www.CohousingCoach.com/
Planning for Sustainable Communities

Northern California Cohousing Regional Organizer
http://www.NorCalCoho.org/

Hosting Bolton Anthony's Second Journey workshop on Aging In Community:
Spirit, Service in Community in the Second Half of Life... June 20 in San
Luis Obispo, CA and June 22 in Berkeley/Oakland, CA
http://www.secondjourney.org/Calif.htm

At Berkeley (CA) Cohousing
Where we hosted a "Mars-B-Q" Sunday featuring live viewing of the Phoenix
landing and BBQ. And saw "Over The Hedge" in the CH Saturday night,
featuring an evil HOA president out to get the poor little wild creatures
who were there first, and oppressing neighbors who let their grass grow half
an inch too long.

Facilitator, East Bay Cohousing http://www.ebcoho.org/
Leading a walking tour of North Oakland/Berkeley/Emeryville cohousing
neighborhoods June 29, including small retrofit affordable communities that
never make it onto the bus tours.