Re: Cohousing is based on home ownership
From: Raines Cohen (rc3-coho-Lraines.com)
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:16:53 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Rob Sandelin <floriferous [at] msn.com> wrote:

>  Cohousing is only one kind of
> community. There are many others, many of which are not based on home
> ownership.  Check out FIC.org for info.

Rob, I think you mean http://www.ic.org/

And thanks for the perspective... while we are taking a "big tent" view with
the cohousing movement, and building on our decades of experience of
like-minded groups creating market-rate housing for themselves to integrate
affordability and other forms of diversity, it helps to appreciate that it
is just one segment of the spectrum of community types, and can be stretched
past the breaking point when you try to use its tools of market engagement
and its particular signature blend of private-community integration/choices
to address the housing needs of everybody, everywhere.

Raines Cohen, Cohousing Coach
and Boardmember, Fellowship for Intentional Community (FIC)