Re: subdivision map act
From: Al Goodwin (
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 10:25:55 -0700 (PDT)
The subdivision map is one of the legal requirements needed to create a condominium structure where there hasn't been one before. It is only one of many requirements which vary from state to state and city to city and county to county. The subdivision map is equivalent to subdividing a parcel of land only in the case of an existing apartment building, you are subdividing the building. A surveyor is required to draw an exact map of each unit within the apartment building. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Moskowitz" <robert [at]>
To: <cohousing-l [at]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 28, 2008 10:37 AM
Subject: [C-L]_ subdivision map act


Last night I was informed that it may be possible to convert a rental
apartment to a cohousing unit via something called the Subdivision Map Act.

Does anyone know anything about this, or can anyone point me to more


Cohousing-L mailing list -- Unsubscribe, archives and other info at:

Results generated by Tiger Technologies Web hosting using MHonArc.