New listserve - Children in Community
From: Parker (evathinknot.com)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 05:51:48 -0700 (PDT)
At Rocky Hill Cohousing, we have been having a lot of discussion around the challenges and joys of living in community with children. After some valuable and insightful conversations with people on this list, I have started a new listserve as a space to discuss these issues. We face so many of the same challenges, and I have already learned a great deal from experiences folks have had and the tools developed in other communities.

Why a separate list? A few reasons:
* Many members of our communities who are not interested in participating in the large forum of the main cohousing listserve may be interested in participating in a smaller, more focused group. * When we discuss our children, we need a space of emotional safety. We hope that people may be more comfortable posting more personal anecdotes and experiences in a forum where they know all members are specifically interested in the topic. We will also be closely moderating all content in an attempt to maintain a kind, respectful, and constructive tone.

I hope that this group will be a space to share stories, challenges, and tools as we build our families and our communities.

This group is open to all members of cohousing communities (completed or in formation) of any age. We hope to have participation from parents, other adults, and our younger members as well.

If you can, please take a moment to forward this message to other members of your community who may be interested in participating.

To subscribe to the list, please email children_in_cohousing- subscribe [at] yahoogroups.com

Many thanks,

Eva Passalacqua
Moderator, Children in Community
Rocky Hill Cohousing, Northampton, MA