Re: How can we get past or change zongin laws?
From: Carol Agate (carolagatemac.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 07:06:05 -0700 (PDT)
There is always an appeal process, allowing a variance due to "hardship." Of course, that's not a standard especially applicable to cohousing - but a zoning appeals board that is sympathetic to the concept might be able to find the inability to live in an intentional community is a hardship. ("Hardship" can't be strictly financial.) When I lived in the east every town had a zoning board of appeals. In California it seems that the city council handles the zoning appeals.

Carol