Amtrak shutdown from New Haven to Boston June 14-17; will affect cohousing conference attendees
From: Bob Morrison (RHmorrisonAOL.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 05:45:46 -0700 (PDT)
  I was planning to post this on the list anyway, but the posting from
Jennifer Ryan has added some urgency to this.

  Amtrak service on the Northeast Corridor from New Haven to Boston will be
shut down from June 14-17 because they are rebuilding the bridge in New
London, CT. During this time, the only Amtrak service between New York and
Boston will be one round trip a day on the "inland route" via Springfield,
MA.  Almost all attendees who are considering taking the train will arrive
before Sat. June 14, so they can get to the conference with no problem. But
getting home will be a problem.

  There are several possible workarounds for this. One is to take a bus on
the return trip, but I expect the buses will be jammed because of all the
other people who are facing the same dilemma. (Amtrak is NOT running buses
to provide alternate service during the shutdown.)  Another is to take the
train inbound and then try to get a ride with someone who is passing thru
New Haven on the return trip.

Bob Morrison