Re: Why I like Cohousing
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:41:21 -0700 (PDT)
Because we have the very special opportunity to create our own
micro-cultures, which are a part of the broader world and not apart from it
- with 113 cohousing communities, we are growing into a profound,
high-impact population - and some have created really special places where
we live good lives that can serve as models for many, especially as we
authentically open ourselves up to others.

Because my neighbors really, truly care for me and vice versa - and concrete
examples abound in most cohouser's experiences, including earlier posts.

Because we co-create with each other, accepting many of our differences and
forgiving many of our lapses - it is much easier to create things of value
when we gift each other with the honest permission to fail. At times, in my
past, I have been so fearful of failure, that I didn't even try, but now...
heh heh

With most of my neighbors, I am able to just let my hair down and not worry
(much) about their misunderstandings around the meaning of my words - if
provoked, most just ask, rather than project "badness" on me when I trigger
strong emotion. Most folks at Songaia assume my intent is pure-of-heart and
that I'm doing the best I can, as I stumble forward, co-creating our
community's rich life.

--
Craig Ragland

Coho/US executive director
http://www.cohousing.org
craig [at] cohousing.org

Please try email first, include your phone number (w/time zone) - or give me
a call: 425-487-3550 (Pacific)... communicate!