Re: Why I live in cohousing
From: R.P. Aditya (adityagrot.org)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:05:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 06:20:43PM +0000, pattymara [at] juno.com wrote:
> I'd like to hear some thoughts about something unique to living specifically
> in cohousing that couldn't be found in a lively neighborhood or extended
> family group.

Cohousing is different and unique because it has a special name and without
Cohousing we wouldn't have a cohousing list to wonder how cohousing is
different than a lively neighborhood :-)

I think it is all about the intentionality.

Having lived in cohousing for 5 years now, and spurred by Chuck Durrett's
recent article:

  http://www.cohousing.org/cm/musings/social_side

I am re-reading the Cohousing book and am finding it inspiring.

cheekily and seriously,
Adi
Great Oak Cohousing
Ann Arbor, MI