Re: builder contracts
From: James Kacki (jimkackimts.net)
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:33:17 -0700 (PDT)
This is another useful site to begin research into contractor contracts. It is a Canadian site (CCDC -Canadian Construction Documents Committee) who publish all the accepted standard construction documents in Canada. I assume its the Canadian equivalent to the AIA site listed below. I doubt there is much difference in the issues covered by the contracts and contract documents in each country. Capitalism rules! :-). You can purchase the documents or just look over the list to see what is covered. If you purchase one it should probably be "CCDC2 The owner /contractor contract". or "CCDC20 A Guide To The Use Of CCDC2" Just another research resource for those interested. As someone said, each project is different, but there are commonalities, ( and many are probably N. America wide)
James.

http://www.ccdc.org/bulletins/pdf/eng/bulletin2.pdf