Re: chickens in cohousing
From: Racheli Gai (rachelisonoracohousing.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:51:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Sharon,
I think what you're saying below regarding chickens is an over-generalization:
Downwind from how many chickens?  In how small a place?

We (in Sonora Cohousing, Tucson) have acquired recently some chicks
and ducklings.  You need to get pretty close to the coop to smell them,
and soon, once they're allowed to roam on a larger area, the chance of odor
problem will subside even further.
A really small number of chickens in one's backyard need not be smelly, either. It becomes a problem when there are too many of them in too small an area.

Racheli.