Re: Firearms Policy
From: Kristen Simmons (simmonskristengmail.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:19:46 -0700 (PDT)
I've been reading this thread with great interest. Although issue has not
yet come up formally in my group, there have been some discussions already.

I wonder if a lot of the emotions about guns are also about fear of cultural
diversity?

Although I am a "raging liberal" on many issues, guns don't bother me so
much. I grew up in the south, around people who hunted with guns (and bows
too). We did have guns in my house, although I didn't know about them when I
was younger. My stepmother was a nurse in the army reserves for many years,
and she had a weapon. My father was also in the service and also had a
service revolver. Both are no longer in the service and a very active
members of the community that they live in. I suspect Dad still has that
revolver, although he has been retired for a while, as well as saber!

Do many cohousing communities have rules against the guns that would
intentionally exclude/discourage potential residents who are in
the military, the police, and others who need weapons for their jobs?

Just curious,
Kristen