Re: Firearms Policy
From: jabeutler (jabeutlercomcast.net)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 15:01:18 -0700 (PDT)
Liberty Village (Libertytown, MD) has no policy against guns, and I know of one
person for sure who has a hunting rifle.  No one has complained about her gun.

The community also agreed with a bow hunter that he could hunt on our property
last winter to reduce the deer population, but he never got around to hunting
our "back 40" (which is more like 14 acres than 40).  The deer are a bit
abundant and hungry this year, and have been chomping on unprotected garden
plantings.

We did, however, have a big controversy over another person's desire to have a
milk cow.  A woman (who grew up on a dairy farm !) was seriously opposed, and
sides were drawn.  The cow desiring person and family left, much to the
disappointment of most all of us, and they now have at least one cow and have
had pigs and other large animals on their own property.  We have a fair amount
of acreage but it was hard to figure out how to properly fit in a cow.

Oxen we haven't considered (1), goats would be a hard sell.  We have chickens
(17 hens, 1 rooster), Sharon is welcome to come out and smell them whenever she
wants to !  The main complaint is they don't lay enough eggs.

Cheers

JAB

From: Diana Kardia <diana [at] ragingmagmalife.com>