Re: Firearms Policy
From: Craig Ragland (craigraglandgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 17:49:29 -0700 (PDT)
Here's what it says in the Cohousing website Members Forum, a general
purpose area:

"The Member Forum is available to discuss anything having to do with
Cohousing. When enough interest in specific topics emerge, it may result in
a new Topic Room being created... but only when we find somebody who the
Editorial Board feels will be a great Host"

The feel of posted, online "web discussions" is not the more dynamic, "inbox
experience" of Coho-L. When you post to the website, it doesn't reach out
and touch others - at least not very quickly. With the website, your message
is more likely to become part of a rich, interwoven tapestry. It will be
there for many years, available for future cohousers to come along and
discover the useful information/dialog.

I'm excited by the prospect of Coho-L and the website complementing each
other. One example of how the two can be "better together" is the Site
Search feature - the first "result" is a link to a search of the Coho-L
archive. For example, if you use the Search box (upper right corner of every
page) to search on "pets," you see this result:

http://www.cohousing.org/search/node/pets

The very first link reads: "To search the archives of the cohousing-l
mailing list, click here <http://lists.cohousing.org/pipermail/cohousing-l/>
"

Below are 5 links to Cohousing Website contents: (1) a page in the FAQ, (2)
Chuck Durrett's latest Blog posting, (3) a Classified Ad which mentions No
Pets, (4), an article by Diana Leafe Christian on dealing with conflict, and
(5) an article specifically on Pet Policies by Ellen Orleans of Wild Sage
Cohousing