Re: Firearms Policy
From: PattyMara Gourley (pmgourleygmail.com)
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 08:25:43 -0700 (PDT)
Tierra Nueva doesn't have an official policy for or against guns.  I know
they are here though.  Mostly in the low calibre hunting range, but probably
more unknowns.

A comment made when we were preparing for emergencies and Y2K has stuck with
me.  It was made by a former military guy about our water well and water
tank on site.  He said "We will either have to be prepared to share our
water, or resolved to defend it."  And to defend it, he was referring to
having guns.  Gives me a shivver every time I think about it.

It is a difficult subject to talk about.  So, we don't.  So it goes.

Diana's ideas are good ones, about starting the conversations.

PattyMara