Re: firearm policy and chickens
From: mrbouchez06 (mrbouchez06aol.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 10:08:35 -0700 (PDT)

Rob
While I respect your right to not allow chickens to be armed, I am reminded
of the Orwellian novel Animal Farm where all animals  were equal but some more
equal than others.  I believe your  chickens should not only be searching for
an attorney to defend their second  amendment rights, but should be
contacting the feds themselves on civil rights  violations.

Putting aside the inalienable rights issue, one should also consider that
the word "chicken" is synonymous with "fraidy cat".  Considering that, one
would think you would be even more compassionate toward the chickens,
recognizing
that they are quaking in their boots at night, worrying about break  ins and
what nots.  If anyone should be armed, it is the anxiety-prone  chickens.

Of course, I know someone will be alarmed at arming  not only  chickens, but
nervous chickens at that, so perhaps your co-housing group could  consider
investing in group fire arm safety lessons or at least providing gratis  zoloft
for the chickens.

Tricia who is has never lived with chickens but has eaten several in her
life but with apologies to the poultry

In a message dated 7/9/2008 12:46:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,