Re: chickens in cohousing
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 06:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
Alleycat Allies www.alleycat.org is a national group that provides
support for people who want to help feral cats.

Their research has shown that destroying feral cats does not reduce
populations (others just take their place) and the only way to limit
them is to have a spay-neuter program for them. The alleycat people
will get you in touch with local resources for starting a
trap-neuter-release program with those stray cats (they also give them
rabies shots).

I helped a group in Arkansas several years ago and it was very
successful. Some of the women who had been feeding the cats made
donations to pay for the expenses - we neutered 20 cats and the
neighborhood is now pretty peaceful (I'm visiting it now).

Interesting discussions!

Joanie