affordable, rental cohousing! (No. Calif.)
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 13:49:18 -0700 (PDT)
I am forwarding this information from someone not on this list -- if you
have questions about the application procedure, please contact Caitlin
Fischer at Affordable Housing Associates (510-376-0422,
CFischer [at] ahainc.org), rather than me!

As far as I know this is the first attempt at creating an all-affordable,
all-rental cohousing project. McCamant & Durrett were the architects; Brad
Gunkel of M&D gave a presentation about this project at the recent Cohousing
Conference in Waltham, MA. (Disclaimer: I am working as a consultant on this
project.)

Sebastopol is in Sonoma County, California -- about an hour north of San
Francisco.

The application period is fairly short, so if you or someone you know is
interested and qualified, act quickly!

Eris

AFFORDABLE,  RENTAL COHOUSING IN SEBASTOPOL!

Petaluma Avenue Homes is an innovative housing development under
construction in downtown Sebastopol, CA that will bring together affordable,
accessible rentals and cohousing principles. It will feature 45 1-bedroom,
2-bedroom and 3-bedroom units available for individuals and families.

Rent
The rents will range from $437 – $1,213 and will be set based on income.

Download an application:
http://www.ahainc.org/aha.php?page=application&PHPSESSID=fced32bf7662397f56d
1e5d0578c1c48

Call (510) 376-0422 with any questions or if you would like a paper
application mailed to you.

Application deadline: July 31, 2008

eris [at] erisweaver.info
707-338-8589