random act of kindness
From: Anne Fleck (soliannacablespeed.com)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:42:18 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Fellow Cohousers,
We surely don't have a corner on the market when it comes to community. See
below:

Jackson Place Cohousing is a very urban community (read: occasionally
sketchy). This week a lot of construction has been happening in our
neighborhood.This meant that I was unable to park my clearly identified
business van on the street I usually park on. A couple of days after leaving
my van on a different street I got a message at work from a total stranger;
my neighbor. He had seen my van and was worried that it had been stolen and
dumped near his house. My business is about 20 miles from home. He actually
called again during business hours to make sure he got someone.

Yes, we may have closer contact w/ our neighbors in cohousing but don't
discount those "others" who have chosen a less insulated sense of community.
We've got a lot to learn.

Anne