Re: Creative financing of individual portions of the common house?
From: Mabel Liang (mabeltwomeeps.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:43:03 -0700 (PDT)
Just looking for some clarification

1) Sounds like a lot development model, yes?
2) You can't possibly mean that each household will be paying $18,000 per
month for the common house.  Is that the portion which they need to come
up with somehow, for a total of $21,000?

We are apartments and townhouses, so the cost of our common house was
figured into the cost of the unit, and thus, into people's individual
mortgages.  There was at least one case where a group of people chipped in
to invest in a unit, with a complicated payback scheme depending on how
long the resident-owner stays in the unit.

We also had some internal loans for our down payments.

-- Mabel :-)

Mabel Liang
mabel [at] twomeeps.com
Software Engineer turned Gardener