Re: Sustainability of community service
From: Matthew Whiting (mewhitinggmail.com)
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
I think the levels of commitment and work ideas mentioned apply as well to
forming communities; also the "difficulty" in actually getting people
involved who volunteer to help - delegation me at least.  Forming and
building out a community is a huge effort.  We're really still in the
advertise and recruite phase as we don't have a large enough core group to
move forward past that, but already these issues come up.  There is so much
individual learning and stretching involved in cohousing, which is one
reason why I'm so committed to participating. :)

-Matt Whiting
Utah Valley Commons (in forming)
www.utahvalleycommons.com
Provo, Utah