Re: Associate members of completed communities?
From: Catya Belfer-Shevett (catyahomeport.org)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 12:35:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, we're looking for this also! :)  Please post back to the list. :)

Thanks!

        - catya
--
Catya Belfer-Shevett   ~   webmaster, www.cohousing.org
www.catya.org   ~   Cohousing in MA! www.mosaic-commons.org

Rick Mockler wrote:

I am curious about the experience of "associate members" -  people who live
outside the community but who have a special relationship, and who
participate in some meals and activities.

We are developing a cohousing project in Grass Valley, CA (located in the
foothills above Sacramento), which has extra land which we plan to sell as
eight single family lots, across the road from the cohousing community.  We
have received inquiries from people who would like to build homes on the
lots and participate to some extent in the community.
We'd welcome any information on arrangements for "associates."  What
expectations do you have of them, how much they pay in dues, how they get
along with the rest of the community, etc.

Thanks for any feedback!

Rick Mockler
CoHousing Partners
Davis, CA