Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: melanie griffin (melgrifgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:05:40 -0700 (PDT)
exactly my point. there are lots of factors that argue for time=money, and
lots for some people's skills being more valuable to the community than
others', and some tasks being harder than others on any scale. i  am not
suggesting, as you seem to, that each person has the same worth because
their internal flaws and skills balance out---but that we could adopt a
construct that says 1 hour of toilet cleaning=1 hour of rocket science, or
we could say that 10 hours of toilet cleaning=1 hour of rocket science and
is credited accordingly. i was just observing that there is no real
solution; it's something each community has to decide and live with.