Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: Joanie Connors (jvcphdgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 13:08:29 -0700 (PDT)
Cohousing is taking on a huge task in trying to recreate community within a world that has fallen away from community values in so many ways.

Some of the old answers obviously no longer work. We can't count on people to always do their part (though with good community connections they are more likely to do so).

Some of our new values and habits also obviously do not work. McMansions, commoditization of everything and everyone, happiness based on how many toys you own...

What you are trying to work out is very complex and requires new thinking and values! And it seems to me you are doing very well in a tangle of needs and demands!

By the way, has anyone looked at Bartering, Community Exchange Systems or Local Exchange Systems? That might be an equitable way to balance value of work trades in a community.