Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: Kay Argyle (kay.argyleutah.edu)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:19:36 -0700 (PDT)
> ... we could adopt a
> construct that says 1 hour of toilet cleaning=1 hour of rocket science, or
> we could say that 10 hours of toilet cleaning=1 hour of rocket science and
> is credited accordingly.

Or that 1 hour of toilet cleaning = 10 hours of rocket science, if the
community has a shortage of people who take satisfaction in cleaning toilets
but plenty of enthusiastic rocket scientists.

When researching this subject earlier this year, I came across a description
of a "bidding" system for community jobs.  It struck me as brilliant.
Instead of having to consense on what each job was worth, each member
decided for themselves what the job was worth to them - to do, or to avoid.

Kay