Re: Work or Pay Systems
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 11:28:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 3, 2008, at 2:17 PM, Brian Bartholomew wrote:

The sociocratic standard is that consent decision-making requires a
defined group of people who have agreed to make decisions together.
When the definitions are blurry, in commitment or in bodies, it
doesn't produce good results.

not because Sociocracy
constrains them to good behavior.

By "good" I didn't mean according to externally defined standards. "Good" as in effective in moving the group toward their aim.

One would hope that in measuring aims over time, the group would come to understand that if one's aim is war, then war will be returned, and modify their aims. But sociocracy doesn't require "good" aims.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Coauthor with John Buck of We the People
Consenting to a Deeper Democracy
A Guide to Sociocratic Principles and Methods
ISBN: 9780979282706
http://www.sociocracy.info